uplcom(4) problem

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Tue Oct 19 21:27:54 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>    I'm not a ppp expert.  Do a ktrace -i of the ppp program and put the
>    ktrace.out file somewhere where I can fetch it (do not email me the
>    kdump output).  That might help me characterize the problem.
>
>    Separately it may be useful to turn on USB debugging in DragonFly land.
>    i.e. 'options USB_DEBUG' in your kernel config.  You can then turn on
>    various debugging actions with hw.usb.<blah> sysctls (sysctl hw.usb for
>    a list).  It should be possible to tell whether the USB is getting
>    receive data or not that way.

Will do these when I get the time.  But for now linux 2.6 is working
(I got it to mount my ufs partitions, and one or two other things).

I may buy another usb-serial device and, if that works, send you the
one that doesn't.  Or maybe I'll stick to linux on my laptop and
install DFly on my work machine (which currently runs linux).

>    The only real difference I saw in the linux code was that 0x41/0x61
>    stuff.  Obviously that isn't the problem since it doesn't work under
>    Linux either way.

You mean, doesn't work under DFly either way?  Under vanilla Linux 2.4
it doesn't work (same as DF) but after merging the 2.6 changes, the
modem dials out, connects, configures IP address etc but then doesn't
exchange any traffic.  Weird, but I no longer need linux 2.4...

Thanks for the effort

Rahul