Upgrade + PF

Sven Willenberger sven at dmv.com
Sat Oct 2 15:09:24 PDT 2004

Sascha Wildner wrote:
M. Schatzl wrote:

I did a system update a few days ago since PF made it into DFly
meanwhile, and ran mergemaster afterwards. So far everything went
alright.
Mergemaster wanted to create some additional devices near the end of
the procedure, but didn't succeed. I cannot imagine why. The point is,
I need the new devices, but do not know the names of them.
Can anybody give me a hint where to search which ones are necessary?

Markus,

we don't use mergemaster. Instead, do a 'make upgrade' after installworld.

Although I did find mergemaster -p helpful prior to make installworld to
add the new user(s) and group(s) required by the PF system.

Sven