CLOG support in syslogd

Scott Ullrich geekgod at geekgod.com
Wed Oct 27 17:31:29 PDT 2004

Would anyone be opposed to me merging in CLOG support?

This would allow someone to set the size of a log file and syslogd would
automatically keep the file size from growing larger than specified.
This is useful for embedded system applications and could even be useful
for system administrators if they wish to keep their log files at a
certain size.

I should note that this is not intrusive to normal operations since one
would need to specify their logging filename somthing like this:

*			%/var/log/system.log

The URL for addition information is: http://software.wwwi.com/syslogd/

Thanks

Scott