New debug kernel installation mechanism committed to HEAD

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Wed Oct 20 17:23:55 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I've committed the debug kernel work to HEAD.  It is possible to slip
    the Stable tag for it (I'm pretty sure) but I would like to delay doing
    that until people running HEAD get a chance to test it...
Heh, that would include moi, but I confess I don't really know what
would constitute a successful 'test'.  What end-point are you looking
for?
I restored the DEBUG=-g, INVARIANTS*, DDB* options to my custom kernel
config when you started on the VFS work.  Does this latest commit have
any bearing on which of the above should be included/excluded by testers
who are expecting trouble ;o) ?