uplcom(4) problem

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Sat Oct 16 21:34:30 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>    Ok, I *think* I fixed uplcom/ucom.  It turns out that when a TIOC
>    is sent to simply flush the rx data, the ucom driver was in fact
>    halting the receive pipe entirely.
>
>    I slipped the DragonFly_Stable tag for the ucom.c fix.  Please try it
>    and tell me if everything is dandy now!

No luck :( I didn't see any commits to uplcom.c on cvsweb, but tried
changing  the 0x41 to 0x61, still no luck.  I notice some other stuff
in the linux diff, all the SOUP/FISH stuff -- which are macros for
usb_control_msg() -- but can't find any equivalent code in the DF
source.

By "no luck" I mean if I try dialing out from ppp (dial papchap) it
times out on the modem initialization command (AT+CRM=1 -- not the
usual ATZ).  That's exactly what happens with pppd in linux pre-2.6.8
also.  If I type "term" while in ppp, it just hangs.

Rahul