uplcom(4) problem

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Oct 15 17:08:01 PDT 2004

:OK the diff (about 9k) is at
:  http://rsidd.online.fr/usbserial.diff
:and the relevant files from linux 2.6.7 (around 18K zipped) are at
:  http://rsidd.online.fr/usbserial_linux2.6.7.tar.bz2
:
:I think these are the only relevant files: other files in the usb
:serial directory seem to be for other devices.
:
:Thanks!
:
:Rahul

    Hey Rahul, I got the PL2303 based usb->serial adapters but unfortunately
    they appear to work perfectly.  I connected up a modem via /dev/ucom0
    and dialed an ISP using ppp and it works.

    I looked at the linux diffs and the only thing that might effect you
    is some code they have to set CRTSCTS mode.  In our driver we use
    index 0x41 (/usr/src/sys/dev/usbmisc/uplcom/uplcom.c), see
    UPLCOM_SET_CRTSCTS which in our driver is 0x41.  In the linux driver
    this value seems be conditionalized to be either 0x41 or 0x61.

    You could try changing the 0x41 to a 0x61 to see if it helps you, but
    if it does we have tofigure out how the linux detect code works so we
    can add similar code.

    --

    I'm going to spend a bit of time trying to track down the pppd cpu loop
    problem while I have this thing set up.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>