ATA timeout issues

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Oct 13 10:27:25 PDT 2004

:How difficult would it be to cvsup the DFly kernel and test that by itself
:in a 4.10 world?  Is that even feasible?
:
:jm
:--
:My other computer is your Windows box.

   It might work.  I think the disklabel is still compatible as long as
   you do not try to edit it.  I put one up that contains the malloc fix:

   fetch http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~dillon/kernel.GENERIC_HDFIX

   If you download it and copy it as /kernel.test or something like that
   (do not overwrite your 4.x kernel!), then when you boot you should be
   able to break out of the boot sequence and tell it to boot /kernel.test
   instead of /kernel.

   Did I mention that this is somewhat dangerous?

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>