ATA timeout issues

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Wed Oct 13 05:17:57 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:11:24PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:     I compared the base code for the PIIX4 (71118086) chipset and it's
:     the same between 4.10 and DragonFly.  However, I did find a potential
:     issue in the bus_dma*() support code.  It appears to still be using
:     M_NOWAIT mallocs in a number of places where it should not be.

This is a difference between DFly and FBSD?

:     My question to you is whether you can better characterize the timeout
:     issue.   Do you get a timeout immediately during probe or mounting root,
:     or does the timeout occur later on?

During heavy activity, such as buildworld or cvsup.

The tricky part will be how to test this patch, now that my other drive
melted down.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.