uplcom(4) problem

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Oct 5 23:52:49 PDT 2004

:Wow!  That's why I'm using DragonFly, where else will one get a
:respones like that?
:
:However - it's not working on linux either, though there are reports
:on the net of people successfully using Prolific PL-2303 devices to
:connect to serial modems under linux.  So I'm wondering if it's
:something to do with my particular device... and unfortunately I don't
:think it's feasible to ship it to you, I'm in India now
:
:Rahul

    I'm guessing that it is a bug in the generic usb ucom driver, so it
    should occur with any usb serial device (hopefully).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>