dragonfly license

jud at myrealbox.com jud at myrealbox.com
Sat Oct 2 12:33:44 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:05:37 -0400, George Georgalis <george at xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 06:44:02PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 12:22:07PM -0400, Ted Unangst wrote:
> A three clause license runs a whole 25 lines.  If that's too much,
> consider a derivative of the ISC license which runs all of 13 lines.
for short code which doesn't have much in the way of intellectual
property
you care about, "the author of this code, ted unangst, places it in the
public domain." is extra short.
Or PHK's favourite, The Beer-ware license:
"THE BEER-WARE LICENSE" (Revision 42):
<phk at xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote this file.  As long as you retain this notice
you
can do whatever you want with this stuff. If we meet some day, and you
think
this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return.   Poul-Henning
Kamp

from libc/stdlib/malloc.c
That is a good one. ;-) I have yet to understand the "AS IS" AND THE
AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES... stuff. I mean, sure it's copyrighted
but how could suitability or quality be construed from that?
It doesn't have to be construed.  US law provides that you make the
warranty automatically unless you explicitly disclaim it (and even then
the disclaimer may not be effective in all situations).

Jud