Douwe Kiela's Patches

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Oct 26 15:29:10 PDT 2004

:On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 10:59:40PM +0200, Douwe Kiela wrote:
:> AFAIK the only changes that NetBSD also has are the change from mktemp to
:> mkstemp, which is a logical one since mktemp is marked LEGACY by the X/Open
:> standard and insecure.
:
:For the archive, mktemp is not insecure per se. It should be avoided, because
:using it safely is difficult (O_CREAT | O_EXCL) and might not be safe for
:non-local filesystems, but it can be actually used safely.
:
:Joerg

   Besides we get those annoying warnings when mktemp() is used :-).  So I
   agree it should be replaced with mkstemp() as time and desire allow.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>