GDB 6.2.1 for testing

H.Miyamoto Ys at PixyGarden.net
Mon Oct 25 07:00:29 PDT 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:01:21 +0200
 Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> GDB 6.2.1 is now in the tree for testing. It is not hooked into
> buildworld yet, but you can do a "make obj; make depend all install"
> from gnu/usr.bin/gdb to install it. Optionally set GDB_TUI to include
> to the Text User Interface, but it seems to have some bugs WRT
> screen update.
>
> I'm most interested in reports of threaded debugging and kernel debugging.
> The former is untested by me and the later only lightly tested (bt seems
> to work :) ).

I did "make obj; make depend all install" in gnu/usr.bin/gdb.
Build and install were fine, but I saw errors when I typed 'gdb -v' after 'rehash'.

like this:
$ gdb -v
/usr/dcvs/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdb/../../../../contrib/gdb-6.2.1/gdb/arch-utils.c:641: internal-error: initialize_current_archite
cture: Selection of initial architecture failed
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) n

/usr/dcvs/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdb/../../../../contrib/gdb-6.2.1/gdb/arch-utils.c:641: internal-error: initialize_current_archite
cture: Selection of initial architecture failed
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) y

'gdb', 'gdb -h' and others also print the same errors.
I got the gdb.core(804kb) but I don't have the normal gdb.

Regards.
--
H.Miyamoto (aka "Yuukis"). <Ys at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           http://wids.net/ - Enjoy Your Computing ?