HEADS UP! DragonFly_Stable tag reverted to September 13th

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Thu Oct 7 20:23:20 PDT 2004

Hi.
On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 01:55:16PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     There's something seriously wrong with recent kernels.  Files are
>     getting corrupted in memory and I've had at least one similar bug report,
>     plus one of my test boxes had a duplicate-inode panic.
>
>     I have reverted the DragonFly_Stable tag all the way back to the
>     September 13th snapshot and it will remain there until I am able to
>     track down and fix the problem.  It might take through the weekend
>     to track it down.
>
>     People running production machines should track DragonFly_Stable and
>     not current.

Seems like you reverted only under /sys, but it broke buildworld:

/home/source/dragonfly/src/bin/ps/keyword.c:187: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
/home/source/dragonfly/src/bin/ps/print.c: In function `state':
/home/source/dragonfly/src/bin/ps/print.c:228: error: structure has no member named `td_mpcount_unused'
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error

This particular breakage needs moving DragonFly_Stable tag on
/sys/sys/thread.h to 1.58, but it may not be enough. I feel against
moving Stable tag to anything other than a successfully built snapshot
that has been there for a while without serious bug reports.