mount_msdos incorrect/wrong/not working?

David Ross drossNOSPAM at code-exec.net
Sun Nov 28 10:21:05 PST 2004

TIV wrote:
Hi Y'all;

   Although it not clear to me what your present configuration is, it
appears that you are try to mount the 'pen drive' as a SCSI device
(da0), and that could be your problem.

from the manual:

*Table 3-1. Disk Device Codes*

Code     Meaning
ad     ATAPI (IDE) disk
da     SCSI direct access disk
acd     ATAPI (IDE) CDROM
cd     SCSI CDROM
fd     Floppy disk
You may want to check out the manual at
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/disk-organization.html
for additional information, and you will probably get better reponses if
you post your questions to users at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of the
kernel forum;-).

Best regards,
Tiv
omg, it was pebkac. PEEEBBBBBBKKACCC!!!!!

I wasn't mounting it correctly. sorry for bother.

mount_msdos /dev/da1s1c /mnt/usb1

I kept trying to mount /dev/da1 or something, I dno't know.
I get in the mood where I keep typing wrong text :/ aka go stupid :P
Thanks anyway,

mew