Heads Up: OpenNTPD

Sten Spans sten at blinkenlights.nl
Fri Nov 12 19:18:39 PST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Paul Herman wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

the next buildworld of CURRENT (and in the near feature Stable) will switch
ntpd to OpenNTPD.
Cool!

On a separate note, anyone know what kind of hardware support OpenNTPD has?
The web page doesn't mention much, and greping through the source doesn't
seem to show much, either.
At the moment openntpd has no hardware support,
kiss is the motto, so network sync only.
No big deal, and no objections here at all against the old ntpd getting
removed from the base, I've just got my handheld GPS (NMEA) hooked up to one
machine, and am just curious if I should be safe and keep the old ntpd
around.
Using the port would be the clean solution.

--
Sten Spans
"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."