VFS bug

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Nov 28 11:31:14 PST 2004

:Shouldn't `mkdir /tmp/aaa && cd /tmp/aaa && rmdir .` fail?
:
:--
:Michal Belczyk

    I'm not sure what pax is trying to do there, but it looks like
    something is rmdir'ing the directory you are CD'd into.  If the
    directory is not empty then the rmdir will fail which is why creating
    the dummy file seemms to fix the problem.

    Once a directory is rmdir'd, that's it... it's dead, even if you are
    CD'd into it.

    Could you ktrace the operation (ktrace -f /tmp/kt.out -i pax ....)
    and put the trace file up somewhere where we can download it (it
    will be too large to post) ?

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>