ATA Patch #6

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Nov 20 10:53:21 PST 2004

:dillon wrote @ Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:37:47 -0800 (PST):
:>     Here is patch #6 (the one Jonathon McKitrick is running).  John is
:>     still getting some glitches (shoot!) but if it turns out that he is
:>     getting a lot fewer glitches then before I think I would like to commit
:>     it, so it needs wider testing.
:
:I get a bunch of these while at startup the ata devices are initialized:
:
:ata3: warning, ignoring interrupt with interlock set, active=00 s=58
:
:Andy

    Andreas, could you do me a favor and change that warning into a panic
    just for one run (make sure you have a backup kernel that you can get
    back to), and when it drops into DB> get a backtrace for me?  I want
    to see where interrupts got enabled.

    The warning itself is not fatal, especially during boot, but it does
    mean that the driver is likely not clearing the interrupt status at
    some point when it should be.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>