iostat, vmstat and other kvm(4) users

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Nov 19 12:45:01 PST 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 12:19:40PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Ick.  Not two whole separate programs.  Why not just have both
>     capabilities in one program based on whether -N/-M are specified or
>     not ?

Not two separate programs. I think we would still use one version, but
using conditional compilation to get the kvm backend. The normal end-user
wouldn't have to cope with most kernel changes and the developer gets
his ps-kvm or whatever we want to name it. The same principle can be
applied to the tools as well.

Joerg