DragonFly Security Officer and Security Team

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Wed Nov 17 10:29:24 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 05:25:34PM +0100, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> ``Who can act as a security officer and participate in a security team
> for our project?''

For me, splitting the responsisiblity between members from different
time zones would be important. I am willing to take my part for this
and some of you, esp. those using IRC might know that I have no problem
working a lot to get problems fixed in time.

Having someone from the American continent(s) and possible from Asia
would be very helpful. We all have our typical online time and e.g.
Matt is mostly only when I'm sleeping.

Whoever will do this, should be reachable via security at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a GPG/PGP key ring. The choosen members should have contacts to
other security teams, esp. from FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD. It means
that those persons do represent our project officially and are somewhat
exposed, which means a special responsibility and matching character.

Joerg