List of patches

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Nov 7 12:12:33 PST 2004

On 07.11.2004, at 19:57, Douwe Kiela wrote:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~virtus/trivial/.
They all look completely fine to me. I will commit them within an
hour or so if no objections are recieved.
Was there an style aggrement made on removing all of these void's?
Yes, this has been discussed on submit@ a while ago.. Both Joerg
and Matt said they could be removed, their email can respectively
be found here:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/submit/2004-07/msg00152.html
and here:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/submit/2004-07/msg00173.html
Makes sense now after I've woken up completely.  Removing them also
adds better code consistency to the project as a whole.
Exactly! This should be changed all over the code really, but right now
every now and then it gets cleaned up. Perhaps if I have time I'll
write up
a shellscript to remove all (void) casts in the tree (where they
should be
removed, of course) and provide a patch. The problem is the
inconsistency in
the way they are casted.. I wouldn't want to risk also removing the
(void)
argument from e.g. usage(void).. I'll probably be able to avoid that
though..
should be done by parsing the source files and just removing void
casts. i'm not experienced, but maybe tendra or lint or something
similar could be hacked to determine what is a cast and what not...

cheers
  simon
--
/"\