vfsx17.patch available - continuing vfs work (expert developers only)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Nov 5 08:50:02 PST 2004

:> >I'm running make -j100 buildworld with /usr/obj NFS-lookback mounted
:> >from /home/nfs to see if it survives (the previous one didn't finish).
:> >I'll run other benchmarks on that mount point if it's finished.
:
:The box rebooted about 30 minutes after starting buildworld and
:unfortunately I missed whatever was displayed on the console.

    Well, remember I said the NFS server wasn't done... however, it still
    should not have crashed so I would appreciate any DB backtraces.  But
    don't expect the build to work, all sorts of weird file errors will
    probably occur.  At the moment NFS server creates dummy namecache records
    (think 'hanging chads') out in the middle of the namecache topology
    and that breaks namecache semantics in a big way.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>