vfsx17.patch available - continuing vfs work (expert developers only)

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Fri Nov 5 05:59:12 PST 2004

On 05.11.2004, at 11:44, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
    The next patch is ready.  I haven't dealt with the nfs server,
unionfs,
    or nullfs yet, I've been working around the edges cleaning things
up.

	fetch http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~dillon/vfsx17.patch
I'm running make -j100 buildworld with /usr/obj NFS-lookback mounted
from /home/nfs to see if it survives (the previous one didn't finish).
I'll run other benchmarks on that mount point if it's finished.
One thing I noticed is that, with the following line in /etc/exports
/home/nfs 127.0.0.1
(and is mounted to /usr/obj) one would usually get `permision denied'
(unless you specified one of -map* options) if you for example try to
create
a file on the NFS mounted filesystem as root; with vfsx17.patch, it
creates
a file with uid = 4294967296 instead.  Is this normal?
If I understand correctly, this is about the same I always (ot not)
expected to happen: default root mount to nobody.

cheers
  simon
--
/"\