cache_lock versus getty?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Nov 14 10:32:34 PST 2004

:Apologies if this is a frivolous question.  I assume I'm not the
:only one seeing the cache_lock: blocked/unblocked on "getty"
:messages at boot time?
:
:My puzzle is:  I see the blocked/unblocked messages exactly five
:times.  Seems like it should be six (or maybe even seven times)
:assuming there would be no cache_lock the first time getty is
:looked up, but probably would be for all the remaining times?
:
:Related bone-head unix question:  I don't understand why there
:are gettys running on ttyv1-v7 but not on v0, even though there
:is a login prompt on v0 and no one logged in on v0.
:(The first line of /etc/ttys calls for a getty on ttyv0.)
:
:Thanks for any clues!

    There is a getty running on v0 on my box.

    The cache_lock messages are diagnostics.  I need to go through the
    scenarios and figure out why they are occuring at boot because they
    really shouldn't be.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>