first release date

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat May 29 16:52:31 PDT 2004

Nathan Hawkins <utsl at xxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:40b8fa44$0$50174$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> If DF folks want to use apt-get, I can help, and possibly take on a
> major share of the work.

If you dig through the archives at my DragonFly log -
http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/ - there's been a bit of
discussion before about packaging systems.  It may be useful to see what
hints come from that.

If you want to tackle this, it would be wonderful!

> As for multi-installed-version capability: Debian's approach to
> libraries has always seemed to work well for me. There's always room
> for improvement, though.

If I understand correctly, once the VFS is in, that will move the
responsibility for handling multiple version of libraries (or even
applications?) to the operating system.