first release date

Michel Talon talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Sat May 29 16:00:51 PDT 2004

Andreas Hauser wrote:
dillon wrote @ Fri, 28 May 2004 18:43:08 -0700 (PDT):

:Yes, late in the month.  Would end-of-year may be feasible for
:VFS/packaging?  That's a question for the folks working on it, which may be
:better asked on, say, July 1st.
   I've been thinking about packaging seriously for the last few days and
   the more I think about it, the more I think we should just port Debian's
   apt-get, enforce a multi-installed-version capability (e.g. for libraries),
   and then focus on bringing patches into that framework.

what exactly is so good about apt-get ?
Anyways here is a first version:
http://www.splashground.de/~andy/dragonfly/apt-get
IMO ports is so much above apt they shall copy it not vice versa.
I concur with you. The most fashionable Linux distro at present among
geeks is Gentoo which has copied the BSD ports system. Look at the
problems one gets with portupgrade, exactly the same are to be found
with apt-get.

Andy