bind9 import coming up soon

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu May 27 09:48:28 PDT 2004

:
:-On [20040527 08:02], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:>    I promised Paul Vixie I would bring bind-9 into the tree as our base
:>    system bind for the first DragonFly release.
:
:Are you having it set up as a chrooted named?
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono

    It will be chrooted and run as user 'bind' by default (-t /etc/namedb
    -u bind), which is the setup I use on my existing nameserver boxes.
    /etc/namedb will be owned by root (unwritable by named) with
    /etc/namedb/s/ owned by bind (for secondaries).

    That should be pretty secure.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>