PF/ALTQ

David Rhodus drhodus at machdep.com
Fri May 7 15:11:36 PDT 2004

Erik P. Skaalerud wrote:
Does anyone here have any plans to import PF and ALTQ into FreeBSD? It's now
in FreeBSD 5.x base, so it shouldnt be too hard to import?

Max Laier made a test import and it worked out pretty well, but it looks
like he's too buys at these times to import it for us. I also know that Matt
don't want things like security prioritized at this stage, but it still
would be nice to have the features. Alot of people are using OpenBSD on
their gateways/firewalls just because of PF/ALTQ.

And some of us tries to run DragonFly on all boxes they can, just to help
out with bug reporting :)

Erik

I don't think this really should be a priority for the June release as
too much low-level needs to go on, especially in the networking area. I
personally haven't seen a great use for this, but from looking over the
code real fast, it shouldn't take more than a day of work to do this.

As for security being prioritized, I would have to say that good code is
secure. Thats the reason DragonFly doesn't have to go around flaunting
to be secure. :-)

-DR