New DFly ISO CD image available 20040506

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dragonfly-kernel at les.ath.cx
Fri May 7 19:38:49 PDT 2004

Hi.

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 10:03:27PM -0400, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >
> >     Rahul, please try acpica5 instead of acpica.  Add 'device acpica5'
> >     nad remove 'device acpica' from your kernel config.
>
> OK, I'm doing this now.  Also kern.mmxopt=1.  So far so good.
>
> My module attempt was actually with the patch posted to submit@ by
> Tomokazu Yonetani on Apr 29; perhaps that was responsible for the
> hangs, I should have backed it out.

In that case, just type hint.acpi.0.disabled="1" in the boot loader
prompt and it should prevent acpi module from being loaded.

And I have a question to others: does i386 UP kernel even compile
without the "gross hack" to /sys/i386/i386/machdep.c, when you
add `device acpica5' to your kernel config file?