New DFly ISO CD image available 20040506

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri May 7 12:03:53 PDT 2004

:I built a new kernel last night (sources around 7 pm EDT).  I didn't
:use the above option (will try it when I get home) but I was getting
:hangs with the ACPI module.  I hadn't used ACPI before on DFly, but it
:worked without hangs (though not fully functional) with FreeBSD 5 and
:it works perfectly with linux.  No problem if I disabled ACPI.
:
:By hang I mean freeze up, no crash/panic, no console messages.
:It happened once during the boot process (last message on screen was
:"starting syslogd") and once after booting when I typed "startx".
:
:Is there any way to debug this or is ACPI just "unsupported"?
:
:Rahul

    Rahul, please try acpica5 instead of acpica.  Add 'device acpica5'
    nad remove 'device acpica' from your kernel config.

    And, if you have a chance, see if FreeBSD-4 boots w/ its acpica.
    I suspect not.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>