ufs_rename: fvp == tvp (can't happen)

David Rhodus drhodus at machdep.com
Sat Mar 27 18:40:29 PST 2004

On Mar 27, 2004, at 9:01 PM, Emiel Kollof wrote:

Hi list,

I sometimes see these in my dmesg, usually happens when I'm copying
large
files from one disk to another. Machine doesn't panic, and doesn't
seem to
have data loss (md5 hashes of stuff I copied seem to confirm that).

Anyone else seen this?

Cheers,
Emiel
Hmm, odd that I haven't noticed this any place...

This part of a problem relates back to there being various conflicting
standards for rename(2). I did a small glance pass at rename and
the only changes are from the syscall separation work David was
doing, but nothing jumped up at me. There is a fall-through method
in place, hence the printf your seeing, so there is no worry of data
corruption or anything like that, you just end up rerunning through
the code path again inside the kernel. So in the mean-time just
ignore. :-)
-DR