BSDmall already selling DragonFlyBSD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Mar 24 14:23:06 PST 2004

:Hey list,
:
:Check this out: http://www.bsdmall.com/drbsddepr.html
:
:Should we complain about this? Since we don't have official developer preview
:images, I think we should ask the BSD mall people to hold off selling CDs with
:dragonflybsd on them, or make it VERY clear that it's in flux and by no means
:a finished product.
:
:If they picked a wonkey or stale image, it could set a bad image. Of course they
:are within their rights to sell CDs with DragonFly on them, but with all the port
:breakage lately, I think the reviews will be scathing.
:
:So, what do y'all think?
:
:Cheers,
:Emiel

    Well, I would have preferred to be have been given at least a heads up,
    but apart from that I don't think it's that big a deal.  Generally
    speaking, anyone who buys the CD will also look at the site and anyone
    serious about it would also have a CD-R burner, so its more of a bootstrap
    issue then an issue of getting the most stable CD out there.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>