Kernel Panic on boot

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Mar 17 12:36:22 PST 2004

:I've got a laptop here that I'd like to get DragonFly running on.  The
:problem I'm running up against is a kernel panic on boot.  I'm using the
:2004-01-18 CD.  It has a similar, if not same, panic on FreeBSD 4.9 and
:5.2.1 so it's probably rouge hardware.  DragonFly is the only one of the
:three that seems to have a debugger built in to the kernel and it's my
:preferred OS.
:Attached is a verbose boot.
:
:Thanks
:eric
:--
:Eric J. Christeson <ejc at xxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Ok, try burning the latest ISO (2004-03-17b) from the download page.
    Older CD's used the wrong offset in the trace code, so if the new one
    still crashes hopefully the 'trace' command will produce more useful
    results.  Also relative to January quite a bit of work on the cardbus
    has been done, so who knows, it might actually work! :-).