HEADS UP: Website Overhaul [TIMEOUT PLEASE]

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Wed Mar 10 23:35:31 PST 2004

d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>	<404F8974.9060502 at xxxxxxxxx>	<404fd656$0$181$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>	<404FE653.8080201 at xxxxxxxxx>	<404ff8f7$0$182$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20040310214405.6e0497af.cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <404fff84$0$182$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

David Cuthbert wrote:
> Chris Pressey wrote:
>  > CSS2's max-width, for some value of "readable".  (Deja-vu...)
>
> Yeah, therein's the crux.  800 px might be fine with my font, but not
> for someone who's using a system for the visually impaired which is
> using 32 pt fonts.
>
>  > In the meantime, you could (shock! horror!) resize your browser
>  > window.
>
> That's what I do.  It gets quite annoying, though, after about the
> fifth time I've had to resize after clicking on a link.  Especially to
> do it in such a way that doesn't obscure the other windows I'm using.
>
> Which brings up another issue with window managers, but I'll let that lie.
>
>  > It's a shame this discussion isn't on docs@ - it might be halfway
>  > relevant there, and it would liven up the place...
>
> Ha!  The last time I started a discussion on docs, it ended up right
> back on kernel.  It was about trying to get some documentation into
> OpenDoc format, no less.
>
> Ah, well.  Sometimes putting things in their proper place is like
> bailing out a ship with a web browser.  No matter how many times you
> click and drag the pail icon overboard, your ship is still sinking. :-)
>
> Dave

	Guys, time out!

	This thread is getting way too huge, without serving any
	point other than personal ramblings about who likes what
	editor/publishing tool/web browser/style.

	So far the site serves the wider (explcitly said that)
	community, and it has been tested on text browsers like
	links, w3m etc.  Yes, there is an issue with the font
	size that we (I and Justin) are investigating and should
	be resolved as soon as possible.

	Things like, `my personal favourite editor' and
	'just to prove a point that I rock.' kinda threads should
	be taken off the lists and into your personal battle
	arenas. :-)

	Keep the environment clean, keep it safe and healthy. ;-)

	And yes, from now on, if you have any documentation related
	issues, send them to the dragonfly.docs list so it is archived
	in the right place and free-up dragonfly.kernel for more
	important things, like... um... kernel/system related
	discussion.

	Now that I think about it, it might not hurt to put some sort
	of a charter up on the site.

		-Hiten
		Hiten Pandya
		hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx || hmp at xxxxxxxxxxx