HEADS UP: Website Overhaul

David Cuthbert dacut at kanga.org
Wed Mar 10 21:56:20 PST 2004

d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>	<404F8974.9060502 at xxxxxxxxx>	<404fd656$0$181$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>	<404FE653.8080201 at xxxxxxxxx>	<404ff8f7$0$182$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20040310214405.6e0497af.cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Chris Pressey wrote:
 > CSS2's max-width, for some value of "readable".  (Deja-vu...)

Yeah, therein's the crux.  800 px might be fine with my font, but not
for someone who's using a system for the visually impaired which is
using 32 pt fonts.

 > In the meantime, you could (shock! horror!) resize your browser
 > window.

That's what I do.  It gets quite annoying, though, after about the
fifth time I've had to resize after clicking on a link.  Especially to
do it in such a way that doesn't obscure the other windows I'm using.

Which brings up another issue with window managers, but I'll let that lie.

 > It's a shame this discussion isn't on docs@ - it might be halfway
 > relevant there, and it would liven up the place...

Ha!  The last time I started a discussion on docs, it ended up right
back on kernel.  It was about trying to get some documentation into
OpenDoc format, no less.

Ah, well.  Sometimes putting things in their proper place is like
bailing out a ship with a web browser.  No matter how many times you
click and drag the pail icon overboard, your ship is still sinking. :-)

Dave