Disk partitioning (was: Daemon's Advocate article)

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Thu Mar 4 11:38:14 PST 2004

At 5:42 PM -0800 3/3/04, Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I have made the change to bump partitions from 8 to 16.
    You need a new kernel and a new world, and once you have
    both and have rebooted you need to install new boot code
    with disklabel -B before it will let you modify the existing
    label (because the label structure is now larger and will
    overrun the old boot code).
    Once Jeff's net code has been tested a little I will, in the
    next day or two, put up a new live boot CD ISO.
Very nice.  Thanks!

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx