Building X with CCVER=gcc3

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Mar 16 08:14:22 PST 2004

:I successfully built and installed world with CCVER=gcc3.
:Now how do I do the same with XFree86?  Surely it's possible, but when
:I tried I ran into a couple of strange compile errors (undefined
:SIZE_T_MAX in one file, which I fixed by including machine/limits.h,
:and undefined XFree86Version in another file, which I inserted
:manually).  But it didn't build or install any shared libraries, only
:the .a libraries.
:
:Rahul

    Gcc3 is our testbed compiler.  We define __FreeBSD__ for compatibility
    in gcc2, but we do not define it (on purpose) in gcc3.  We only define
    __DragonFly__.  The X build doesn't understand DragonFly-native
    builds yet.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>