Request for Feedback: proposed config(8) improvement

Eirik Nygaard eirikn at kerneled.com
Sun Mar 7 01:27:52 PST 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 10:28:42PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     We would definitely like to get rid of Perl at some point.

I am working on removing perl from the kernel build, and I am almost
successful. There is only a small problem left in the vnode_if.src ->
vnode_if.[ch] generation. Actually I don't think the converstion is the
problem, but that the ASSERT_VOP_LOCKED and ASSERT_VOP_LOCKED someone
generates bad code.

[ snip ]
/usr/obj/usr/home/eirik/dragonfly/src/sys/LINT/vnode_if.h:288:dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/usr/obj/usr/home/eirik/dragonfly/src/sys/LINT/vnode_if.h:291:dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/usr/obj/usr/home/eirik/dragonfly/src/sys/LINT/vnode_if.h:293:dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
[ snip  ]

Each error is either to the ASSERT_VOP_LOCKED or ASSERT_VOP_UNLOCKED
macro. I have also tracked down that it is the VOP_ISLOCKED function in
that macro again that spits out the error.
The weird thing is that if I manually put the code from that function in
place of the function there is no error. Any ideas would be helpful.

--
Eirik Nygaard
eirikn at xxxxxxxxxxxx    Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.