ad0: WRITE command timeout

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Wed Mar 3 17:26:03 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 07:44:55PM +0000, Hiten Pandya wrote:
: 	FWIW, I just started receiving a variant of this error in my
: 	VMware-4 DragonFly:
:
: 	ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
: 	ata0: resetting devices done

Thank goodness.  I thought I was the only one and it would be nearly
impossible to fix.

: 	I have not tried to reproduce this scenario yet, but this
: 	seems to happen when I do a large transfer from my NFS share

I get it with buildworlds.

: 	My bet is on the ATA DMA code... although I need to do a
: 	little more testing and find out what causes this annoyance
: 	and pure pain in the ass.

Yeah, great.  I bought a new drive because I thought mine was failing. :-\

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.