Is portupgrade working?

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Sun Mar 21 09:36:58 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 01:31:47AM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> portupgrade relies on the output from the shell command
>
> `cd /usr/ports/Category/Ports && make -V SomeVariables'
>
> to obtain information from the ports tree. The problem here is that
> `make -V PKGNAME' returns an empty string if the port has DragonFly
> override. This is because PKGNAME gets set in ${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.port.mk,
> which is included from /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk only when the port has
> no DragonFly override. A temporary workaround is to change
> /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk so that it include Mk/bsd.port.mk when the
> port has override, but this may have bad side-effects.

This presumable not going to work. The site-effect is trying to build
stuff in the FreeBSD ports tree, order problems etc.

I don't know the source of portupgrade, but you could use "make describe"
and use everything before the first '|' as package name. If you can modify
portupgrade to do that, you still have to add describe to the list of targets
we don't want to print the override warning for.

Joerg