Is portupgrade working?

Peter Kadau peter.kadau at tuebingen.mpg.de
Sun Mar 21 03:48:38 PST 2004

Hi !

I'm getting some funny errors from portupgrade.  Anyone else seeing
these?
DFly has override ports in /usr/dfports for some software.
portupgrade has no clue about that.
It doesn't work. It chokes. It bails out.
Forget about portupgrade in DFly.
You have to use genuine ports/dfports ATM.
And even here are some major software-packages that won't
build out of the ports system in DFly.
AFAIKT there is nobody in the team/community who wants
to fix portupgrade/ports from the ground up since we all
want something different than that.
And the bigger the pain the bigger the effort for the new
thingy will be...
Cheers
Peter
--
<peter.kadau at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen