Converting FBSD installation to DFBSD?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sat Mar 20 12:48:42 PST 2004

David Rhodus wrote:

Everything works fine if you follow the instructions
on the website.
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/upgrade-freebsd.cgi
Thanks for being polite -- I would've said 'RTFM'  ;-)

Everything did indeed go very well, thanks to you and Matt.

A few random nits I'm left wondering about:

I still have two old FBSD files in /boot --
loader.rc and device.hints.  Do I still need either of
these?
The first message I see when the kernel starts is:
ACPI autoload failed -- no such module or directory.
True, there is no acpi module in /modules.  Is this
expected behavior?
I can't remember what causes these messages during boot:
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0401> can't assign resources
Thanks again!