Heads Up: I4B isppp breakage

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Sun Mar 14 04:57:55 PST 2004

Hi all,
I'm currently in the process of simplifying the network driver API
with changes coming from NetBSD and eventually FreeBSD 5. This will
break I4B's sppp implementation for while, since it is the only network
interface not supporting BPF and supposedly other things as well.

After the API work has finished it should be possible to either expand
some code into i4b_isppp.c or validate that FreeBSD 5 direct usage of
if_attach really works.

If you are using I4B and its sppp, please send me a mail for further
testing and try to stay with the current kernel for a while.

Joerg