Goals for first release (June/USENIX)

Peter Kadau peter.kadau at tuebingen.mpg.de
Thu Mar 11 13:09:53 PST 2004

Hi !

    Yup, it does imply asynch I/O.
Tiiiimber! *Bang* [It's really here] I'd call *that* one a leap.

    Maybe, maybe not.  As per another recent email I posted today we might
    not actually need vfs environments to bootstrap our packaging system.
I understand your chroot/unionfs attitude. Of course this may work
for a packaging system in its own right. I was concerned about the
"making of" - the package creation. The actual process of getting from
vendor-tar.gz to dfly-tar.gz - with the minimal amount of pain involved.
VFS environments would help a lot in that respect.
    You'd have to be a bit more specific.  Run and sleep times are generally
    accounted for.  The only scheduler-specific case I guess is how it handles
    wakeup after sleeping for a long period of time.
Alright, but I don't want to stretch this thread which is in jeopardy of getting
overloaded anyway any further and will post seperately.
Cheers
Peter
--
<peter.kadau at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen