RC1 --> option for floppy based network install?

firefly firefly at gobsd.com
Mon Jun 28 06:12:20 PDT 2004

Emiel Kollof wrote:

On Monday 28 June 2004 14:04, firefly wrote:

My laptop (P2 233MHz) does not have a CD rom, currently runs OpenBSD. I
would like to install dfly.
Anyway how to do a floppy based install via network?

Yes. Install FreeBSD STABLE from the network. Update it to DragonFly.
See /usr/src/UPDATING.

Cheers,
Emiel
Emiel,

thanks for the reply.
I considered that option, but fbsd does not boot on this sony laptop
(pcmcia issue with 4-stable and 5-current, TI-1131 controller issue, btw
nbsd and obsd work fine). Sorry should have mentioned that.

I guess pulling sources and installing over OBSD does not work.

Andreas