Heads up: GCC 3.4

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Tue Jun 22 07:12:09 PDT 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 07:12:28PM -0500, Glenn Johnson wrote:
>> gengtype-yacc.no
>> gengtype-yacc.c:281:29: attempt to use poisoned "realloc"
>> gengtype-yacc.c:282:16: attempt to use poisoned "malloc"
>> gengtype-yacc.c:287:31: attempt to use poisoned "realloc"
>> gengtype-yacc.c:288:18: attempt to use poisoned "malloc"

> This indicates that the patched system.h is not used. Please update
> your source tree and make sure you have no stale files in
> gnu/usr.bin/cc34 and rebuild. If it still fails, put the compressed
> logfile of buildworld somewhere or mail it to me privately.

Well, I was able to buildworld with 2.95.4...  It installed, and I now
have gcc 3.4.1 installed.  I modified /etc/make.conf to include
"CCVER ?= gcc34".  Buildworld now failes with the above error.  I
completely removed the source tree, grabbed everything again through
cvs, and gave it another shot.  It died at the same place.

I'll try again, this time capturing the output from the buildworld.

Adam