Mail Archive set up

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Jun 14 11:44:27 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     Woa!  Pull it off temporarily until you fix the email address links.
>     Actual email addresses should never be used on a scannable web site
>     or the spammers will have a field day.
>
>     Get rid of the mailto: links and remove the email routing addresses
>     entirely.  You can keep the full-name field. e.g.:

Rebuilding now...  The one disadvantage is that the archiving tool, mhonarc,
obfusticates addresses as "username at xxxxxxxx", which is effective but ugly.
There's no other way (that I've found so far within mhonarc) that will
remove mail entries - but not names - both in the header and in the body of
the message.

Since I'm already processing it with procmail, it's probably possible to
remove /@\w+\b/, but mhonarc may depend on that info to build threads.
I'll build a local version and find out the hard way.