"new" nvidia driver

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Jun 29 06:49:27 PDT 2004

Lucas Reddinger wrote:

> 3203 works "out of the box" on FreeBSD in my situation. 4365 hangs on
> FreeBSD in my situation. A patched 4365 hangs on DragonFly in my
> situation. But a patched 3203 hangs on DragonFly in my situation also!

I'm answering a question with a question: are you sure you have all vestiges
of 4365 off your DragonFly computer before applying 3203?  I encountered
similar problems some time ago switching between NVIDIA and ATI, where I
still had some chunks of the NVIDIA driver floating around, which messed
things up badly.

Can you remove all NVIDIA doohickeys, boot and load X using some generic
driver, perhaps, and check XFree86.log to make sure it doesn't mention
NVIDIA anywhere.  Then, try 3203 again.  If it still doesn't work at that
point...  I'm out of good ideas.