Heads up: GCC 3.4

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jun 22 22:12:21 PDT 2004

:I had better luck, it did work for me. However, I had CPUTYPE=p4 in
:/etc/make.conf and the resulting gcc34 built kernel would not boot up.
:It would hang right after printing: "Loading Configuration files". I do
:not have any other optimization flags turned on.
:
:I built another kernel without the CPUTYPE set and that kernel boots
:fine. So far, it seems that the "world" binaries built with the
:-march=pentium4 option (because of CPUTYPE=p4) are working fine.
:
:--
:Glenn Johnson <glennpj at xxxxxxxxxxx>

    I had a weird crash with my gcc-3.4 kernel (no optimizations other then
    the standard -O), so we might have some issues there.

    I recommend just running with a standard 2.9x based kernel for now.  We
    don't officially support 3.4 kernels yet.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>