Wrap-up Time (Regarding June Release)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jun 8 18:29:18 PDT 2004

:> Can anyone recommend some stress-testing tools? I have a UP and a SMP
:> box that I can stress-test with.
:
:I might be wrong, but the general "stress-test" tool used by the FreeBSD
:crew is "make buildworld" with an appropriate -j option for your machine.
:
:--
:Matt Emmerton

    It's a good beginning, anyway.  The nice thing about buildworld is that
    it's trivial to start one and trivial to do comparative timings with.

    We have a number of filesystem testers in the source tree.  What we need,
    though, is a make target that does some sort of standard run (say, with
    /usr/obj as the target directory) using those testers.  Something that
    takes about ~30-60 minutes to run.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>