Mail Archive set up

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Mon Jun 14 14:47:27 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Rebuilding now...  The one disadvantage is that the archiving tool, mhonarc,
:obfusticates addresses as "username at xxxxxxxx", which is effective but ugly.
:There's no other way (that I've found so far within mhonarc) that will
:remove mail entries - but not names - both in the header and in the body of
:the message.
:
:Since I'm already processing it with procmail, it's probably possible to
:remove /@\w+\b/, but mhonarc may depend on that info to build threads.
:I'll build a local version and find out the hard way.

    username at xxxxxxx is fine, I think.  We just don't want the email
    address to be valid or easily made valid.
	I will take the stick on this one (uhuhm), Justin originally
	enabled	the username at xxxxx mode, but I told him to change it
	to the normal display mode.  The more I think about it, the
	anti-SPAM mode of mhonarc is fine.
		-Hiten